Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Storytelling guilds


Last night we attended a local guild of storytellers and felt a positive rush at the end of a hectic day. It was worth the snarly traffic and extra effort to get there. Why, because it gave us a safe audience to trial our stories. The feedback was great too, and constructive. Storytelling guilds tend to meet regularly, prodding tellers to hone their craft, and providing a framework for newbies to learn in a safe environment. It's something I'd highly recommend if you want to improve your storytelling.

2 comments:

Rosetta Kivi said...

Hi, I've read your blog about storytelling. Such an interesting issue! I've written a couple of stories myself and the latest one called The Tale of Rose was just translated into English. The original story is written in Finnish. It's partly based on the old Scandinavian mythology. The tale is available for free on my blog.
http://thetaleofrose.blogspot.com

Jim Stahl said...

thanks Rosetta. Jim